Meetings are by appointment only
Give us a call at (425) 483-6600
or send us an email at email@example.com
to schedule an appointment and meet with one of our CPAs nearby.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring to my CPA consultation?
To be as efficient as possible, the best things to bring to your first appointment include:
- identification (SSN card, Passport, ID)
- previous year’s tax return (preferably the previous two years if this is your first visit)
- W2s and 1099s
Additionally, if you own a mortgage, stocks or a house, the following would expedite the situation as well:
- Schedule K-1 (if you own a business)
- 1098 form (from your mortgage)
- brokerage statements
- IRS notices
For a comprehensive list, check out our first meeting checklist.
What should I ask my new CPA?
Much like an interview, meeting with a CPA is an opportunity to determine if they’re a good fit. This is especially true if you work in a niche industry, having an accountant who specializes in your profession makes them experienced with the types of deductions you’re eligible for. Some questions to ask include:
- Are you available year round?
- What’s your experience with the IRS? Have you assisted with an offer in compromise?
- Who will be doing the work?
- What type of clients do you usually work with?
- How do you bill for your services?