City License Application Fees:
- Seattle – $90 for first year or $45 if filing after 6/30 and you can file online
- Bellevue – $99 and you can file online
- Redmond – $92 – cannot file online
- Kirkland – $100 plus $100 for each full time employee – cannot file online
- Bothell – cost depends on # of employees, type of business, and square footage – cannot file online
- Lynnwood – depends on type of business – cannot file online
- Woodinville – no cost and you can file online
- Shoreline – $40 – file as an addendum to state of Washington business license application online.
For more details, visit our city pages:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a business license in each city in Washington State?
If you’re doing business strictly in Washington, typically, you need a state business license. However, check with what cities within the state you’re doing business in, because some cities will also require a separate business license.
Do I need a business license if I have an LLC in Washington State?
If you’re doing business in and out of the state, then yes, you’ll need a state business license and potentially a few city licenses. If however, you’re doing business out of state, then your LLC will need a state license but you don’t need to consider city licenses.
How much is a WA state business license?
As of 2022, the application and fee for the state license is $19. It can also take 2 weeks for the business license to be approved. As for the various cities, you do business in, it can vary from $10 – $190 or more.